Night World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night World

A forum to discuss the Night World series and to be a part of the Night World itself

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Framed ((Chapters 1-5))

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brittany Redfern[Creator]
Admin

Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) Empty
PostSubject: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Chapter 1

Changed

I looked down the alleyway and stared at the creatures in front of me, I knew that I was going to be killed. But I couldn’t move, I just stared into their thirsty, red eyes. It was the same look a predator gave their prey. I was the easiest kind of prey; I stood no chance against these strongly built, beautiful creatures. I remembered what had led me to come out here alone in the first place...
I was upstairs when I heard something fall and break from downstairs. Mother, I thought to myself, I knew she was drunk. She was always drunk. I walked downstairs to find my mother collapsed on the floor. Of course, I thought with a roll of my eyes. I walked over to her to help her up but she slapped at me and started yelling at me. “I don’t need your help.” she slurred.
I sighed. “Fine, I won’t help then. If you would stop getting drunk then you could walk!”
“Don’t you snap at me you stupid whore!” she snapped.
“Stop calling me stuff like that!” I fumed.
“I am your mother and I will call you what I want.” She slurred.
“Screw you!” I snapped. I hadn’t seen her raise her hand but I felt the sting of it against my face. I fell to the floor and looked up at her in shock. She just smirked at me, proud of what she had done, that’s what made me snap. I stood up and pushed her against the wall. The whiskey on her breath was strong on her breath, the smell only increased my anger, I hated the smell more than the woman it came from. “That is the last time you ever touch me.” I threatened through clenched teeth. I threw her to the floor and ran out the door and now here I stand, staring death in the face. Curse that woman for this, she was getting just what she wanted, she never had to see me again. Not after this. I hoped she drowned in her own bile! So much pain in my heart..and so much more pain to come..but it would soon. I would never feel pain again. She would never get to hit me or yell at me again. It was over. My horrid life was actually over, sooner than I had expected and at first I thought death would've been better than the life I had been damned to but now fear took over me and then depression; I had wasted my life, so many things that I never got to do and so many things I would never get to do.
I looked around the dark alleyway; it suddenly looked more sinister than it had when I had chosen to come down here. There was a cat chasing a rat with hungry eyes, like the creature in front of me was looking at me. One had finally lunged at me but I moved out of the way and they hit the wall. He jumped up eyeing me with rage. He lunged at me again but this time I had frozen, I held out my hand to stop him and I closed my eyes, Knowing it was the end, this was the last lunge. It was like in a scary movie when you knew the worst part was coming and you just had to cover your eyes before you watched the monster on the screen tear apart an innocent victem. I was the victem now and it was then when he bit me, but I hadn’t had time to react for the other creature had also bit my wrist. I cried out in agony. They were going to kill me, my wounds were burning but it was the burning of ice, the stinging of ice in bloodstream, spreading through out my body, it was so painful that I continued to writhe in pain even as the creatures pulled away from a sound far away in the background. Why wasn't it stopping?! It was getting worse, the ice was ripping at my insides as it spread even more. I screamed and screamed, I then heard a heavenly voice. “Get away from that girl and pick on someone your own size!”
As I heard the strong voice ring through the alleyway in a beautiful rage I noticed that it was a voice of an angel, I must be dead, but the ice hadn’t stopped, it was still spreading and the pain was still so strong. If I was dead, wouldn’t it have stopped? I couldn’t open my eyes and I was still burning and screaming although there was no longer pressure on it. I heard something that sounded like fighting in the background. It finally stopped and the angel spoke again. “They bit you…You are in for a lot of pain.”
I groaned. Great more pain I thought. I heard him chuckle. This was funny for him? The ice was spreading up my body and he was laughing? I felt my body leave the earth, something cold and hard was lifting me, and I slowly opened my eyes. I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was a guy, the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen. Was he real? Or was he truly an angel? I studied him. His hair was brown and messy, his skin was pale...really pale, his eyes were a piercing green; almost glowing in the darkness, and his muscles were all so perfect. I must be dreaming. If that’s the case then dear god don’t wake me. I continued to stare; he looked down and smiled at me. I closed my eyes after that and fell into unconsciousness. The angels smile was still there when I dreamed, that beautiful voice, that beautiful face, oh and his laugh rang through my head.
I woke up in a wide room. I looked around in a daze, thinking that I was possibly still in a dream. It was very beautiful. There was a large window and the curtains were flowing gracefully with the wind. I studied the huge mahogany wardrobe against the wall, It looked very expensive. I had no memory of how I got here. I was bandaged up, I stared at them and flashes of me screaming, a beautiful voice humming to me, the angel was smiling at me. I searched the room for a mirror and then noticed a small bathroom across from me. I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom. There was a golden colored bathtub with a red curtain and beside it was a golden pedestal sink with an elegant shaped mirror. I looked at myself in the mirror and stared at a complete stranger, I touched my face and the beautiful girl in front of me did the same. She looked so strong, pale, gorgeous, but her eyes were dark. But my hair was still long and black with the thin red streaks. But my eyes…They were dark, they weren’t my normal peircing blue. I rubbed my eyes, hoping that when I opened them they would be the familiar blue but when I opened them they were black. I started freaking out. Where was I? Why do I look different? What happened to me? What am I doing here? I had to get out of here. I walked over to the window and jumped out.
I ran down the street. It was still dark. But it was already dark; I had slept longer than that…hadn’t I? I grabbed my head; the confusion was giving me a headache. I looked around; the streetlights glowed in the misty night. I walked slowly down the abandoned street and took in my surroundings, the trees looked eerie as the leaned in darkly over the street making an arch over me. A cat was running after a leaf that skipped across the sidewalk as the autumn breeze blew it. I couldn’t help but smile as the cat jumped at it but never caught it. I turned my attention back to my feet as I thought to myself. What had happened to me? The last thing I remember was that beautiful guy that was carrying me. What had happened before that? What was he carrying me away from? Suddenly I remembered red eyes and I shivered. I was attacked. I remembered now. They had bitten me. What did that make them? Monsters? No, monsters didn’t exist. That was crazy; I don’t know why I even considered it. I snickered at myself. I have seriously gone insane. Monsters…I shook my head and snickered.
I was walking past an alleyway when I had heard crying. I looked around, who was crying? I looked down the alleyway. She was down there. I walked closer when an amazing smell hit me. It was delicious, mouth watering, but what was it? I have never smelt anything so irresistibly delicious. I had to have it, to taste it. I walked closer and before I knew it I was staring down at a little girl and next to her was a big shard of glass with a stain of red.
“Are you-“ I cut off as I realized what the smell was, the girl was bleeding, I watched as a red ribbon of blood flowed down her arm. I stared at her, a longing to press my lips to the wound washed over me. I took a step towards her, she didn’t move, she stared. I had to do it. It would be so easy, she wasn't even moving away, not even speaking, it was as if she was willing to let me have what I wanted...all I had to do was take her arm and take the delicious blood from her. Something inside of me pulled me closer, I kneeled down beside her and took her arm in my hands and took in the delicious sent of her blood. I leaned down, not able to stop myself and licked the line of blood that was flowing down her arm. The taste was indescribable, better than it smelled. I needed more, much more. I traced the line to her wound and began to drink. Nobody was around, nobody was looking for her, and I could take all of it. I would. I couldn’t stop. I was drinking and drinking when I heard a voice.
“No! Stop! Fight it.” The angel’s voice called. I pulled away and looked up. He was standing over me, his expression upset. The angel shouldn’t be upset. I stood up and looked into his gorgeous green eyes.
“Are you okay?” I asked him concerned. He stared at me and then he looked down. I followed his eyes and looked down at the girl’s lifeless body. My eyes widened in horror when I noticed what I had done. “Oh my-“I backed up from the body.
What had I done? I killed her. I had drunk her blood. I looked up at the guy. His eyes studied me, as if waiting to see what I would do, but yet he seemed calm. He had just watched me kill a girl by drenching her of her blood. How could he be so calm? “What am I?” I asked him, my voice shaken.
“You are a vampire.” He told me plainly and comfortingly.
“A vampire?” I repeated. I remember the argument I had with myself earlier. Vampires were always just fictional characters to me, characters in horror movies but this gorgeous angel in front of me was telling me that I was one. It wasn’t possible, It couldn’t be.
“Yes.” He stepped towards me and took a step back.
“And what about you? Are you a vampire too?”
“I am.” He told me. I stared at him. Trying to take it all in, I was a vampire.
“How did this happen?” I asked him.
He looked at me, studying me again. I stared at him waiting for his answer. He walked towards me but this time I didn’t back away. He stared into my eyes and spoke. “You were attacked by vampires; they were going to kill you like you did to the girl.” I looked over at the girl’s body. I turned my eyes back to his and he continued. “When they bit you it released something in your bloodstream that began to change you. It’s altered your appearance, your strength, your speed. You don’t sleep, you can’t. You feed off blood.” I looked at him startled. “But you will learn to live off of animals. I do not believe in feeding off humans, it will be hard but I will help you. I must tell you now so it doesn’t freak you out later. But you will not age,” I stopped him there.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:44 pm

“Whoa. What do you mean? That I am going to be nineteen forever?” My expression was filled with shock. This was too much. I was technically dead. My whole life was going to change and I knew it. I wouldn’t even get to stay in the same place for long, not if I couldn’t age. This all just didn’t seem real.
“Yes, that is correct.” He confirmed, bringing me out of my mind rant.
“So how old are you?” I asked him curiously.
“I am of twenty years old.”
“When were you born?”
“1778.” He answered with a slight smile.
“Wow.” I stared at him in shock. He smiled at me. It was the most amazing smile I had ever seen. “What’s your name?”
“My name is Felix, and yours?”
“Jackie.”
“Pleasure.” He was so formal; so perfect. Why would this perfect, beautiful creature be worrying about me? Even with my new found beauty it was nothing compared to how gorgeous he was.
“So what now?” I asked him.
“Now we need to go back to my house. You gave me quite a scare when you weren’t on your bed.” He really does care about me. Why did that make me feel so….happy? I felt my face get warm.
“I’m sorry.” I looked down guiltily. This humored him and he laughed. I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. How was that funny? If I hadn’t left that poor girl would still be alive. I shook my head. I shouldn’t be thinking of it, maybe it was normal for new born vampires like me to do this, maybe that is why he acted so coolly about it. Had he done the same thing? Who had changed him? Was there more like us? Were there bad vampires? Or am I a bad vampire? If that’s the case; then are there good vampires? Listen to me, not long ago I thought vampires were in books and movies, nonexistent. My life has totally changed; everything was going to be different now. I don’t guess I was leaving much behind; I had no friends, I hated my mother, I hadn’t ever known my father, and I was already known as a freak around town. Now I really was a freak.
“Let’s go Jackie.” He walked forward and I followed him. We walked back to the house. I looked at it. It was big and beautiful, like a dream home. It was white and had three steps leading up to a large porch with two, white painted, wooden rocking chairs. The roof, door and shudders on the windows were all a welcoming blue. I had never seen such a beautiful house, you could tell by looking at the beauty of this house that someone as gorgeous and perfect as Felix lived here. It was as if I slipped into one of my dreams, everything was just too perfect. I felt his eyes on me and I looked up at him. He was smiling. ”What?” I asked him.
“Nothing. Lets go.” He went up the stairs, to the porch. He turned to look at me. I stared at him suspiciously. “Aren’t you coming?” He asked me, still smiling. I smiled at him and followed him inside.
He was unreal. It was like he walked out of a fairy tale, so amazingly beautiful and flawless. He was amazing…Whoa…Was it wrong for me to feel this way? I barely know him, yet he saved my life, technically. It was hard not to admire him, who wouldn’t? He was like every girls dream. He was like Superman and Prince Charming all in one, who wouldn’t love that? Love? Did I say love? I never really cared much for ‘love’. I never seen love, only in the movies, it’s what love should be like but it isn’t true love. So what proof does anybody have that love is real? Yet, when I look into his beautiful green eyes…it makes me want to believe. What did this mean? Did I have feelings for Felix? I looked at him. The answer was pretty obvious, of course I did. He had saved my life, he was beautiful, and when I was close to him it felt so right. It was too soon to be called love but I defiantly had feelings for him.
I looked around the house. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside; it was wide and the walls were an off white with golden furniture and white curtains. It was so calm and peaceful looking. It wasn’t where I would expect a vampire to live. It was almost funny. Before I was a vampire when I thought vampire, I thought coffins. But there were no coffins any where. I smiled. “Are you okay?” Felix asked, interrupting my thoughts. I looked at him.
“Yes. It just wasn’t what I expected.”
“Meaning what exactly?” He asked, confusion in his voice.
“Well…” I blushed embarrassed, “Its not what I pictured a vampire living in.”
He laughed and it made me smile. “No I don't suppose we are exactly what you read or saw in movies. No humans like to make us look as if we are nothing but eerie monsters of the devil." He chuckled again
I blushed brighter. I felt stupid. “Oh…”
Felix smiled and touched my face. “We all use to think that, don’t be embarrassed.”
His touch felt so…right. I felt disappointment wash over me as he dropped his hand back to his side. I looked at him and studied his face. He was staring back; I wondered what he was thinking. Then I heard it. She is too beautiful…His voice said, but his lips weren’t moving. It was in my head. Where had it come from? The message seemed to fit his eyes perfectly. Had I read his mind? Is it possible that I….”Felix, do vampires have powers?” I knew it sounded crazy but it was the only thing that seemed rational.
“Yes, Some do..." He raised a brow. "Why do you ask?”
“Well I…” I didn’t want to tell him that I had read his mind but what if it was important that he knows my power? I sighed. I had to tell him. “I kind of think I just read your mind…” I watched as his expression turned to embarrassment.
“Oh. I’m sorry…”
“Don’t be!” I exclaimed, with maybe too much enthusiasm. He smiled, thank god, that is exactly what I wanted. His smile was enough to brighten the whole room. His smile always made me feel so wonderful. I was glad to make him smile.
“But this is great Jackie! You’ve already learned one of your powers.”
“Hooray?”
“It is hooray, definitely so.” He assured me. Wow powers. I could read peoples minds. Maybe being a vampire wasn’t so bad. I wonder if I have more than just one power…That would be even better. I’ve never felt so indestructible and strong, it was a big change. So much is changing about me and my life, its making my head spin. Or maybe I was just getting use to the new power of reading minds; I hope it doesn’t happen every time. This power had to have its downs, nothing can be this perfect, Felix as an exception. As if on cue so many thoughts went through my head, screaming and ranting and fierce whispers, there were so many thoughts. I tried to concentrate on one but they were going so fast. It was too much; I fell to my knees and grabbed my head. I heard a piercing scream; I was surprised to find that the scream belonged to me. I felt arms around me. Felix was whispering in my ear.
“Jackie? Jackie? Are you okay? What’s going on?” He held me close to his chest and ran his fingers through my hair. “It’ll be okay Jackie.” He comforted me.
I concentrated on Felix and how calming his fingers running through my hair felt, so soothing. The voices died down and I felt the pain easing. It had finally stopped, other than a killer headache. Felix must’ve felt my muscles relax because he wasn’t as tensed up either. He didn’t let me go; he was still holding me tight. “Jackie you scared the hell out of me.”
“Sorry.” I apologized. Again he laughed. His fingers were still running gracefully through my hair, I didn’t want him to stop in truth. I smiled at the warmth his laugh brought over me.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:46 pm

“Jackie, what happened?” He asked. His voice was shaky from worry and fear. I really did scare him; he worried so much about me.
“Too many voices…” I managed to say. I shuddered at the horrible memory.
“You need to learn to concentrate and block out others. We need to strengthen your mind.”
I groaned and he laughed. “Come on Jackie it will not be so bad.”
“Who knew it would be so hard to be a vampire?” I shook my head.
He nodded, “Who knew.”
I smiled and looked up at him. I loved the way it felt to be in his arms, like I belonged there. I pouted when he let go. “Let’s get you some aspirin.” Felix whispered. I nodded in agreement; it was like he could read my mind. He stood up in front of me and offered out his hand for me to take. I smiled up at him and took his hand; he helped me onto my feet. We walked to the kitchen, as Felix pointed out different rooms and told me about the houses history. “My father built this house in 1831, by himself, with out tools.” He told me. I looked around in awe.
“Was he a...”
“Vampire? Yes.”
“Wow. When was he born?”
“1556.” He answered. My eyes widened in shock. That was crazy. But something I didn’t understand was if he was a vampire, how did he die? Was there a certain way to kill a vampire? I probably shouldn’t ask, I wouldn’t want to bring back painful memories. He was studying me and I looked at him. “You are curious about something.” He pointed out. Was I really that easy to read? I was supposed to be the mind reader here. “Tell me, please.”
I sighed. “If he was a vampire…how did he die?”
He looked down at his feet. “Oh. I was afraid that was going to come up.”
“You don’t have to tell me.” I told him. I wished I had never brought it up.
“No. Its probably best you know.” He took a deep breath and looked into my eyes. “We may be immortal but we aren’t completely indestructible.” He explained, “There is a way to kill people like us. We can only be killed if our heads are removed from our body.” I stared at him in horror. “But, the trick is, them getting the chance. Look at their chances Jackie; we are strong, fast, and we all have special gifts.” I nodded in strong agreement.
He had a point. It was almost funny to think of someone or something trying to get a blade to our necks. I wouldn’t even let them get close. But what would try to come after us? Did we have enemies? I looked at Felix with troubled eyes. “What exactly would try to kill us Felix?”
He sighed again. “Well we do have enemies and we have problems with hiding our existence.”
“Explain.” I pushed.
“Well our enemies consist of slayers and werewolves.” He explained. I stopped him there.
“Werewolves? What the hell? What other monsters exist? Are there zombies and mummies and the boogey man?” I shouted. He laughed humorously.
“The boogey man happens to be a very nice guy.” He joked. I rolled my eyes.
“Yeah, yeah. Just make fun of me.” I fumed.
“Jackie,” He was serious now, “I know all of this is going to come as a shock to you but you are going to have to be ready for these things. They live to destroy us.”
“So what do the werewolves have against us?”
“We are natural enemies.”
“I see.” I thought about it for a moment. “What about our existence?”
“Well some newborn Vampires….well.” He thought for a moment. I read his mind to see that he was trying to see how to word it. He was trying to avoid bringing up my behavior.
I sighed. “Go ahead and say it.”
“Oh. I almost forgot you could read minds. Well there are vampires that either didn’t get help or was trained to do just that; to feed off humans. I nodded.
“So they are lethal.”
“Yes.”
“How many?”
“There’s no way of knowing. The gain some and lose some.”
“Meaning?”
“They kill each other.”
I shook my head. “That could’ve been me.” He took my face into his hands.
“But it wasn’t Jackie; do not let this disturb you.” We stared into each others eyes for a long moment before he took his hands away from my face.
“And the slayers?”
“They aren’t a problem, they couldn’t tell a vampire from a cow.”
I giggled. “You know what I think.”
“No you’re the mind reader remember?”
I smiled proudly. “That I am. I think we should stop the newborns and werewolves from causing problems.”
Felix smiled. “Just me and you?”
“Well there has to be more sane vampires, right?”
Felix nodded. “I suppose so.”
We walked into the kitchen. It was huge. There was a long mahogany table with eight mahogany chairs with golden cushions. What caught my attention was the beautiful chandelier above the table. Three rings of golden bars hung down from a golden chain and on each ring many crystals hung down, hiding the light inside and make the crystals shine in many colors, colors of a rainbow, I had never seen anything so beautiful. It was mesmerizing, I couldn’t force myself to look away but Felix tugged on my arm and pulled me over to the cabinets that hung over the stove. He reached up and opened the cabinet, he pulled out some aspirin and handed me two. He opened the next cabinet and pulled out a glass, he filled it with water from the sink and handed it to me. I took the medicine and chugged down the water. “Thanks Felix.”
“No problem Jackie.”
“So I have something I wanted to ask you, but I don’t know how you will react.”
“You can ask me anything.” He told me sincerely.
I smiled. “Okay.” I took a deep breath and closed my eyes so I couldn’t see his reaction. I asked my question so fast I was surprised he even caught a word of it, “Have you ever killed anybody for blood?” I opened one eye to see him smiling. I opened my other eye and stared at him in curiosity.
“I have. I’ve killed many. But I didn’t like killing people; I had felt so bad after. I thought to myself and I knew there had to be some other way. I was sitting in a clearing in the woods and I was thinking of some way to feed without feeding off of a human, when a bear showed up,” He smiled as my expression turned to horror, but with him smiling I smiled too. “I wasn’t going to run of course,” He continued. “But I hadn’t figured out that I had powers either. So I didn’t know how I was going to kill this bear that was ten times my size, I knew I was strong so I fought him. The bear fought back, I got tired of fighting after a while, so I bared my teeth at him and jumped onto his back. I bit his neck and then I noticed that the blood was satisfying my thirst, it wasn’t as appetizing as human blood of course, but it worked. Ever since then I have been feeding off of animals.” He finished. I stared at him in awe and he smiled proudly at me.
“So I will have to feed off of animals too?”
“I would prefer so.”
“Me too.”
“Then we are agreeing.”
“Just call me a animaterian.” I joked. He laughed.
“Let’s get out of here shall we?” He offered.
“Where are we going to go?”
“For a nice walk.”
I looked outside and it was day time. The time had flown by with Felix. I wasn’t even tired…but then I remembered what Felix had told me about not sleeping. Wasn’t there a rule about vampires in the daylight? Wouldn’t we melt? I was embarrassed to ask but I was very curious. “Umm…Felix?”
“Yes Jackie?”
“Won’t we melt?” He laughed louder than ever. I knew by his reaction that I was wrong and I blushed. “Then what does happen?”
“Well it’s uncomfortable for us and our eyes are sensitive to it, that’s about it.”
“Oh.” We walked back into the main room and he handed me a pair of sunglasses and put some on himself.
“Ready?” Felix asked with his beautiful smile. I looked at him; he looked more gorgeous than any male model could ever dream. I don’t think any guy could match the beauty of Felix. I sighed. It was such torture to have to fight back the urge to touch him, to kiss him, and…What was I thinking! I barely know him! I could get to know him. He would never be interested in you. That’s not what he was thinking earlier…That’s right. He thought I was beautiful, maybe the feelings were returned. It was hard to believe it possible. “Uh…Jackie?”
“Oh. Sorry. Yeah lets go.” He opened the door and we walked out into the cool autumn air. I closed my eyes as a calm breeze blew by, playing with my black hair. I could feel his eye on me again and I smiled. He was blocking his mind, so I couldn’t read his thoughts. “Cheater…” I smiled.
“My mind is a dangerous place to be.”
“Yes all that hot air could hurt somebody.” I joked.
“Nice.” He put his arm around my shoulders as we walked. Was this friendly? Or was it more? I wish he wouldn’t block his mind, I want to know. I concentrated harder on his mind and to my surprise it worked. If only she knew my feelings for her….it feels so close to love. I smiled proudly and I knew I was blushing so I looked around, pretending to take in my surroundings. I remembered how eerie it had looked at night but in the morning it was beautiful. There were small, blue birds playing near a tree. They were chirping and fluttering around each other, it gave me a warm feeling, happiness…Like I felt with Felix. He had feelings for me too. Would it be wrong to be with him?
“What was your life like before you were changed?” Felix asked me.
“Pointless.” I told him simply.
“Explain?”
I sighed heavily and looked into his eyes. “I had nothing. My mother was there but she pretended I didn’t exist.”
“I am sorry to hear that.”
I shrugged off his apology “I got use to being invisible.”
“I see you.” He smiled at me.
“You are the first.” I smiled at him.
He raised his hand and took of my sun-glasses, it made my stomache flutter. The sun hurt my eyes a bit, it was so bright! “You’re eyes are beautiful…” He put his hand on my cheek and stared deeply into my eyes with interest. “Such a beautiful blue glow.”
“They glow…? Wait. I thought they were black now.” I was confused; when I had looked in the mirror after I had awakened they were black.
“You were thirsty then. You’ve fed since then. The glowing is a vampire thing, you will discover that there are many of those.” He took his hand away from my face and again I felt disappointment.
“What about your life?”
“Not discussing that.”
“That’s not fair.” I told him with an offended tone.
“I am sorry Jackie but it is not something I’d want to discuss with you.”
I groaned and puffed my cheeks in anger. “So I’m not good enough to know what your life was like.”
“Don’t be so melodramatic, Jackie.”
“Don’t be so unjust.”
“I am not being unjust. I just simply do not want to discuss my past at the moment.”
“You will tell me eventually.” I commanded.
“Eventually.” He nodded.
“Promise?” I demanded.
“Promise.” He told me; his voice assuring.
“Fine.” I crossed my arms at my chest and exhaled.
He shook his head. “Unbelievable.”
I glared at him. We jumped when we heard a noise in the alley way a few feet from us. “What the hell was that?”
“I dunno…” Felix answered.
I gulped and took a step forward but Felix grabbed my arm and shook his head cautiously. “I will go first.” He walked forward and I followed behind him. I was afraid to know what was making the racket. Of course after my experiences, I expected the worse. We walked slowly, both of us tensed up. I felt like I knew that what was behind that wall was not harmless. We came to the entrance of the alleyway; there was a group of people in the corner. It looked like maybe ten in the circle. They smelled like me and Felix which would make them…
”Vampires.” I whispered. But of course they heard me. They turned to us and dropped something. I looked at the thing they dropped, or things. There were two human bodies in front of them, drained of blood. But yet I smelled it. I tried to hold myself back and ignore the mouthwatering smell. Felix stepped in front of me and growled. They were crouched as if they were ready to attack. I readied myself. I was expecting one at a time but they all jumped at us and from Felix’s movement he was expecting the same as me.
I acted on instinct, three jumped in my direction first then I caught one at the throat and kicked the other two into the wall. Felix looked up at me in suprise. I looked at him too, confused. I thought Vampires were suppose to be strong. He didn't have time to continue the look, he hit one of the vampires that lunged at him. When I looked back to the group I was suppose to be fighting I was suprised to see that they were cut in half from where I had kicked them in the torso. I looked at the one I had by the throat, I let him go and his neck was smushed in the outline of my hands. I was suprised too. Was all VAmpires this strong? I'd have to ask Felix later. Right now, I had asses to kick.
More jumped at us, only this time there were too many, suddenly bodies sprung up from the ground and ripped them all in half. Felix looked shocked, and as did I but he didn't waste as much time on it as I did. He looked around warily then a shadow jumped over us, we looked up and watched as the shadow landed on the ground in front of us, we both straightened a bit from our defensive crouches. The color of her eyes we made us realize that she was one of us.
She smiled at us and I looked her from head to toe. She was just as beautiful as Felix. Her long blonde hair reached to the small of her back and seemed to glow in the moonlight, her bright purple eyes glowed with excitement and her perfect lips turned up into a proud grin. Her skin was even more pale than mine, although she was beautiful, she also freaked me out a bit. "Well are you two just going to stand there or are you going to thank me for saving your asses?"
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Chapter 2
Asyah, the Puppet Master

Felix shook himself and looked at her warily. "Thank you." He said in a cool voice.

I looked at Felix then straightened up more. "Yeah, um, thanks."

She smiled and walked towards us, I had to plant my feet so I wouldn't back away, I didn't want her to know I was afraid...kinda. She looked dangerous, every inch of her yelled DANGER! DANGER! But Felix was perfectly at ease so I guess she wasn't a threat. "So a new born I take it?"

Felix nodded. "Yes."

She nodded. "Are you the creator?"

He glared at her. "No."

I looked at his face, distracted by the hostility the question had brought into his voice. I turned my eyes back to the girl, she had her hands up as if in surrender. "Hey, calm down, it was only that you was helping her and you seem very protective of her so I only assumed-"

"You assumed wrong!" He interrupted in a growl. "I would never take someones life away!"

She smiled. "Then why are you so protective?"

His face fell as the question caught him off guard. And what I did was probably wrong but curiosity took over me and I read his thoughts. Because I think I'm in love with her... I blinked at him but he wasn't paying attention, he was glaring at her again. "That is none of your business."
She raised a brow but she seemed to let it go. I frowned and tried to force myself into her mind but something loud rang through my ears and I gasped in pain. Felix turned to look at me, in alarm. The girl simply just turned her head at me."Ah. You're a mind reader. I'm so sorry about that, I have my defenses."

I nodded. "Yeah I noticed." I whispered. She laughed and it was like wind chimes, beautiful, and it seemed to carry a melody.

Felix was completely at ease now as he looked at me. "She has more than one gift actually."

Her brows shot up in surprise, as did mine. "What?" We said in unison.

Felix nodded. "She is stronger than any newborn or vampire I have ever came across."

I blinked. Was he serious? I hadn't noticed, I thought all vampires were strong. "But I thought-"

Felix nodded. "Yes all vampires are strong...but not that strong, Jackie."

"So Jakie's your name?" The girl said with a smile. "You are very special Jackie."

I blinked at her. "And whats your name?"

"My name is Asyah."

"And your gift is?"

She smiled. "I control the dead."

I blinked at her. That was...creepy. I nodded. "Okay. Cool."

Felix seemed tense beside me and I looked over at him. What was his problem. I might have to ask him about that later on.

Asyah looked at me. "So do you need another member to this small little coven?"

Felix looked at me. "Ask Jackie, its her coven."

I looked at him. "I don't even know what the hell a coven is."

Felix laughed. A coven is a family or group if you prefer of vampires. They stick together. he thought to me.

I nodded. "Oh yeah, nevermind. I know what a coven is. But what business do you have in..." I paused and looked at Felix. "My coven?"

Asyah looked at me amusingly. "I need a permanent dwelling, I cant be a loner forever. And obviously you're going to be something great Jackie, you're something the vampire world has never seen."

I gulped. No pressure there. "Then you can be in my coven. But Asyah...I have been thinking and we won't be like these vampires here." I indicated to the piles of dead vampire around us. Felix was watching me curiously and amusingly then his mouth widened into an incredible grin as if he liked where I was going with this...and I really hoped he did. "We will not hunt humans but protect them, and we will be assassins to those who try to harm them. Just because we are no longer a part of the human world does not mean we can seperate ourselves from them, we will still make their world a better place even if they won't accept us as we are, we can still help them from afar."

Asyah smirked. "Assassins huh?" She nodded as if considering the name. "Yes I like it...But you know oh fearful leader...there are more enemy to us than just rouge vampire...there are also-" She paused to grin at me deviously. "Werewolves."

Felix stiffened. "They are acting up again?"

Asyah nodded at him. "Indeed. It seems they too have given into their bloodlust. They have been feeding for human flesh and they have been getting it though it is being blamed on us for their disappearance."

Felix growled. "And you know this how?"

"I witnessed it myself." She replied with a slight tone of disgust.

I could feel my stomache turn. "So we must work against werewolves too."

Asyah laughed at me. "Three vampires against a coven of rouge vampire and werewolves? I doubt it, Jackie."

I grimaced. "Then we must widen our numbers. Find more lone vampires and bring them into our coven. Hopefully they will share our views."

Felix nodded in agreement. "I trust they will." He sighed. "I know of a vampire who wants exactly as you do, Jackie. I have ran into him time and time again but he has chosen to be alone. If we find him then we will have one more to our numbers. Its something and we need all we can."

I nodded. "Then we should find him."

Asyah smiled. "We should have a name."

I raised a brow at her. "A name?"

"Yeah like the Justice League."

Felix chuckled. "You look like the type to watch the Justice League."

She frowned. "Don't judge me. Looking at you I would predict that you are into those subtitle Japenese kung fu movies, am I correct?"

His laughing cut short. "We dont have time for this, we need to find Cole."

She laughed gleefully. "Kung Fu Dork."

He scowled at her.

I sighed. "Where do we find Cole?"

"He likes to be around water."

I looked at him curiously. "Why water?"

"You'll see." He answered simply as he started walking eastward. He took my hand and I blushed at how warm it felt. Asyah skipped alog side of us as we walked, humming an unknown song. I wasn't sure it was a song but it was a beautiful tune.
Back to top Go down
muru night

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:28 pm

i love this story..you are amazing..post more!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:08 pm

idk about amazing but thank you
Back to top Go down
kath {she stands}
kath {she stands}

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptyMon May 25, 2009 12:11 pm

shame on you britt!!!!!!! hurry upppp and post moooooore
Back to top Go down
lamia/human i'm unique
Lamia/Human

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:44 pm

tell the frank guy to suck it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Framed ((Chapters 1-5))   Framed ((Chapters 1-5)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Framed ((Chapters 1-5))
Page 1 of 1